Mornings are busy. It can be hard to find the time to prepare an adequate breakfast to fill you with energy for your day. Well, I’m going to help you to beat this morning race against the clock by sharing with you my favourite breakfast smoothie.
It’s healthy, low effort, delicious, and jam-packed with long lasting energy.
What you’ll need…
- 1 banana
- ½ a cup of blueberries
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- ¼ cup of raw oats
- ¼ cup handful of chia seeds
- 500ml of water
What to do…
- Chop banana into finer pieces, and place all ingredients in blender
- Blend until smooth
Seriously, that’s all it takes! Now you’ve got an easy breakfast that you can have either before your commute, or on-the-go.
What makes these ingredients so good?
- Rich source of potassium & low in sodium, which helps in maintaining blood pressure.
- Adequate source of fibre, which can help to combat gastrointestinal distress.
- Manganese in bananas assists your body in creating collagen, which helps to protect skin and other cells from radical damage.
- Rich in antioxidants. This helps to protect our body against free radicals; unstable and damaging molecules.
- Blueberries contain the highest antioxidant capacity of all popular fruits and vegetables.
- Improve cognitive functioning by benefiting aging neurons, leading to improved cell signaling
- Rich in Vitamin K, vital for bone health by decreasing activation of osteoclasts; which break down bone. Vitamin K also stimulates activity of osteocalcin, which helps to anchor calcium molecules within bone.
- Contains Vitamins A & C, which help to prevent damage caused by free radicals. This helps to prevent the oxidation of cholesterol, decreasing the risk of heart attack or stroke.
Raw Oats –
- Rich in the soluble fiber beta-glucan, helping to restrict the absorption of dietary cholesterol and interferes with the reabsorption of bile salts, playing an essential role metabolizing fat.
- Raw oats release approximately 26% of their beta-glucan content during digestion, compared to the 9% released in cooked oats.
Chia Seeds –
- Excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, which can lower blood pressure and help to prevent heart disease.
- Relatively high in protein, making them a useful source of plant protein for vegetarian and vegan diets.
- Containing a combination of fats, protein, and fibre helps the seeds to be digested more slowly, providing a long, slow energy release and keeping blood sugar levels stable.
- Able lubricate joints
- Helps to deliver oxygen throughout the body
- Boosts skin health through hydration
- Regulates body temperature
- Flushes waste products within the body
So, there you have it! If you’re looking to shake up your morning routine with an easy, healthy alternative – give this a go, and taste the goodness.
Click here to book an appointment with Joel or call 5255 5040 (OG) or 4202 0446 (L) to discuss how Joel can help you achieve your health goals!